Personal Information Collected
We may collect and process the following information about You:
- Basic information that You provide by completing the registration form on the ODP. This information includes Your name and a valid email address.
- Supplemental information You must provide to receive elevated ODP access (Regulated Community, Regulation Partner, or NMED-only level access). This information includes the Basic information as well as Your postal address, telephone number, proof of affiliation with the organization You represent, and proof of Your authorization to represent that entity.
- Your NMED ODP log-in and password details.
- Details of Your requests to access and Your usage of any NMED ODP APIs, including the names and descriptions of Your Registered Applications.
- Communications you send to NMED, for example to report a problem with the ODP or an ODP API, or to submit queries, concerns, or comments regarding the ODP or its APIs.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, NMED reserves the right to disallow your access to the NMED ODP.
Statistical Information Collected
When you visit the ODP, NMED may, by means of cookies and/or other similar technologies, automatically collect additional information about you – such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the ODP, your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer or mobile device on the internet) and/or the operating system of your computer or mobile device. See Cookies and other technologies section below for more information.
You may opt out at any time from allowing further access by us to your location data by disabling cookies on your browser.
Cookies and other technologies
When you interact with the ODP, the web server sends a cookie or other similar technology to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information. Most of the cookies NMED ODP uses last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the ODP and will last for longer.
The cookies and/or other similar technologies we use collect information, such as the type of internet browser or mobile device you use, any website from which you have come to the ODP, your IP address and/or the operating system of your computer or mobile device.
NMED uses this cookie data in order to collect anonymous statistical information about how You use the ODP -- including how long You spend on the ODP, and the pages on the ODP that You visit, and from whence You have come to the ODP – so that we can improve the ODP and learn which parts of the ODP are most popular with users.
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser settings to prevent this or to notify you each time a cookie is set.
Uses made of your information
NMED will use the personal information which it collects to:
- Process your registration to provide you with the ODP access level that you request.
- Administer Your account.
- Audit the frequency and amount of API usage of your Registered Applications on the ODP.
- Identify visitors to the ODP.
- Carry out research on ODP users’ demographics.
NMED may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud, criminal activity, to protect the integrity or proper functioning of the ODP, or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
The ODP may, occasionally, contain links to external APIs. NMED is not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such APIs.